Enjoy the magic of winter.
Winter Holidays at Lake Achensee
Connecting with nature in a storybook winter setting.
Lake Achensee lies beautifully nestled between majestic mountains, surrounded by snow-covered forests. The sun rises behind white peaks, the fresh snow crunches under your feet. Ice crystals glitter in the sun and transform the Nature Park Karwendel into an enchanting winter landscape. Step away from the world for a few days, breathe the cold clear air, experience the stillness and beauty of winter.
Snowshoeing & winter hiking
Roaming through pristine snowscapes on foot or on snowshoes is a wonderful way to explore the incredible winter landscapes. Enjoy the fresh air and the snow-muffled silence as you connect with nature. Tip: The Achensee holiday region offers ranger-guided tours into the snow-covered Nature Park Karwendel.
- Groomed winter hiking trails in the Nature Park Karwendel
- Scenic paths alongside Lake Achensee
- Ranger-guided tours offered by the Achensee region
The only thing you hear is your own breathing as your skis glide over the snow. Perfectly groomed and track-set cross-country trails lead into the depths of the three Karwendel valleys, through forests and over wide fields, surrounded by the mighty peaks of the Karwendel. Wiesenhof guests enjoy direct access to the trails near the hotel.
- Access to cross-country ski trails next to the hotel
- Extensive network of groomed and track-set cross-country trails in the Nature Park Karwendel
- Classic & skating style
Family-friendly ski area
Small-scale and charming ski areas, fantastic views of the mountains and Lake Achensee, the children always within eyesight. In Pertisau, young guests learn how to ski directly in the village in a fun and safe environment.
- Ski area Pertisau within five minutes walking distance from the hotel
- Practice terrain for children and beginners in the village
Tobogganing is the perfect opportunity to combine some of the most popular activities: a hike through the snow-covered landscape, a leisurely or fast-paced downhill ride and a stopover at a quaint mountain hut.
- Toboggan run Rodlhütte, accessible by the Rodlexpress tractor
- Toboggan run Zwölferkopf, accessible by the Karwendel cable car
Horse sleigh rides
Horse-drawn sleigh rides are a classically romantic way to explore the beautiful surroundings of Lake Achensee. Cuddle up beneath warm blankets as you journey into the snow-covered Karwendel valleys drawn by powerful horses.
The most enjoyable stay.
Tastefully appointed rooms and suites with great attention to detail ensure a relaxing stay and a good night’s sleep.